Weak Yet Strong

 Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yesterday after work, I headed over to see two friends...very dear friends....and we talked and prayed about all that is on my mind. 

Wonderful, calming, peaceful.........interspersed with laughter and tears....words of wisdom and love from God....

I left their home, listening to the radio as I drove.  God often speaks to me through music, and I heard a song that I had never heard before.

The chorus of  this song, "Taste and See" by Jason Allen Rich stayed with me through the night and into this morning:

 



I want to taste and see
That the Lord
That the Lord is good
And I want to be strong like a lion
But weak like a lamb
And I want to be Your child
Broken and broken and broken again




As I listened to this song--these words in particular--an image came to my heart and mind....


along with these verses from God's Word to fill my very being:



But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.......2 Corinthians 12:9-10


Yes, I will be weak like a lamb.  I know the Good Shepherd, and He knows me....calls me by name...tenderly caring for His flock...I hear His voice and I will follow.

And through my weakness, I will rely on the strength of the lion....and my weaknesses will be made strong by His power and not my own.


1 comments:

Peggy July 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

Blessings Beth... you sweet lamb... Yes, to taste and see the goodness of the Lord! Beautiful visual and words from your heart today! I'm so glad that God speaks through music! May the Shepherd hold you and lead you daily. I love that verse from 2 Corinthians!

I did not know the song but went to find it on YouTube (only one but it had the words)! A week ago, I started a new adventure and have a YouTube Channel now... King's Servant (mazmagi54's channel)... hundreds saved there, more playlists than the ones that show,but I love having this. When I find one I like, I save it, even can mark watch later...
almost better than blogging, no writing (unless you want to) and you can add channels and friends. Still won't be doing FB or Twitter but this one is MUSIC and Teachings so I like it. I added this video somewhere... trying not to put more than 60 on a playlist, I should have done them by artist so now I've started them that way)!

365 Promises shares 2 Corinthians in Promise #18 back in Jan.

When we are weak, God is strong! He is our Strongman against evil, obstacles, and the robber that comes to steal from us. I'm so glad that God washed over you with your dear friends in prayer and love. No sweeter cleansing.

Peace,
Peggy

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......