Time For A Party

 Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm linking up with Peggy for Soaking on SONday. 




If you would like to join in, please visit her and link up!!  It's easy...just a Scripture or song--something--that has spoken to you through God....

So, I've not been feeling well....you all know this...

These past few days have been a test of my patience and tolerance.  The pain is not steady and constant, but comes and goes...I never know when.

Not only do I not know when, I don't know where.  These pains move from the lower abdomen to the upper abdomen....sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left, sometimes in the middle.

To say that this is starting to be a bit trying and sapping me of my energy is a small statement.

Yesterday, I finally broke down and had a 'pity party' for myself--a full blown party with tears and sobs and yes, a bit of anger thrown in just for good measure.  Of course, the 'party' did not involve just my illness that seems to go on forever.  Oh, no....the list started there and moved on to other things in my life that I felt were unfair, unjust, 'slap in the face' things that happened recently and long ago..

Doesn't the enemy know how to use one situation and stir us up into a lather of past issues--bringing them back to the forefront once again?  Situations that have absolutely nothing to do with the present, but push a button, and they are there...those places that remain unhealed...and he will work them to his advantage--if we let him.

In the middle of all of these carryings-on, my youngest daughter calls me.  We are supposed to go to a birthday party that afternoon for Danielle's son, Jackson.  Am I going, she wants to know.

Sobbing, I try to talk to her--explain my feelings and frustrations.  She listens....really listens to what I'm telling her.  She does not say to just brush my feelings aside.  She does not say that this is nothing and to get over it.  She does not say that I'm acting like a child.

What came through in our conversation was her love and care for me....the knowledge of this love....the caring she showed just by listening and being there for me....her willingness to help me do the things I've been unable to do (such as cleaning)...

And though my youngest daughter professes not to believe, God's love was shining through her--whether she knew it or not. 

God--what an awesome God--using my daughter to show me His love for me......





For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago...Ephesians 2:10





Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!....2 Corinthians 5:17



And yes, we did attend Jackson's birthday party....probably the best thing I could have done for myself yesterday...get out of the house and be with others...

As I feel God's love flowing through me, I'm having another kind of 'party'....a party of celebration of His love and care for me....

4 comments:

Anonymous,  July 17, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

Amazing God´s Love isn´t it!...It can get us through so much....Indeed something to celebrate always.

Blessings
Bernice

Peggy July 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Blessings and much healing as you soak today Beth,

Soak in His love! Let that love spill over and over. So thankful that His love came through one of your daughters. That's uplifting and encouraging to hear! I'm so glad that you made it to a different kind of party and shared with Jackson's celebration of his birthday! But I'm even more delighted that you moved from the'pity party' (though we all have them, I think) to a much better kind of party of God's love! He is amazing how He chose to show you this time.

"Your Love" is a beautiful reminder from where we came and where we're headed... cuz the only thing that matters is HIS LOVE! That's what we need to break the yoke of 'pity' so we can party hearty in Him... Soak and heal my dear sister in Christ... may you sense His love wrapped around you, restoring and bringing you healing and of course, His Love.

Sometimes we're in the same place but not for the same reason so we wake of and see His love is all we ever needed.

Love and peace,
Peggy

From the Heart July 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

A great testimony of God's love for you and your daughter. There is no other love greater than God's unfailing, forgiving, loving, caring, providing LOVE. Pray you are feeling better today and that God will speak to your daughter through her caring, loving way she was used by Him to help her mother. Soak in all that love.

From the Heart July 24, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

Just checked The Lighthouse and saw your name and that your were having somethings done to find out what the problem is. My prayer is that God has revealed it and that it has been taken care of in the name of Jesus. Look forward to hearing good news when you are able to return to blogging.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......