Seeking Calm

 Sunday, July 24, 2011

Today is Sunday...and I'm linking up with Peggy for Soaking On SONday...

I said yesterday that I was struggling with anxiety...fear of the unknown...how this is definitely not the way God wants us to live. 

So, I am wondering why I struggle so against releasing all of my fears and anxieties to the One who loves me the most...the One who is control....the One who knows and sees all....the One who can take my fear and anxiety and calm me with a touch of His Hand...a word from His Word....



Courtesy of Heartlight



 I need to soak in this verse.  I need to let God take control, completely surrender to Him. 


God often speaks to me through music.  This morning I actually did a Google search for "Christian music about releasing your fears to God", and this song was #1 on the search.

As I sat and listened...sang along...tears flowed to the point of sobbing...crying out to my God...seeking His peace, His forgiveness for seeking other things before Him....







And as I sat here, watching, listening, singing, crying....the calm and peace of my God filled my soul.....

4 comments:

Anonymous,  July 24, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

AMAZING isn´t it Beth!! I´m soaking with you today..

Blessings
Bernice
( I´m posting as anonymous b-c i have problem to post with my google acc)

pam July 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

AMEN....what a wonderful way to start my morning. Before I checked in on your blog I was sitting her realizing that I've been feeling the snarky work into my thoughts. There is much surrounding me that is so negative and this silly heat and what comes out as I feel worn down....snarky. I so need a cleansing by His Spirit....this song....such a good, TRUE focus. Thanks Beth....blessings of much awareness of the extent of His grace upon you this week!

Peggy July 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

Blessings Beth and beautifully shared! Perfect song that you found to restore healing and help to overcome!

So thankful that as you sought the Lord,
He answered, He delivered you from all your fears, He had a good cry with you and then He lifted you up! His love never fails! His Word never fails. And as you and I find comfort in music, He speaks to us through the songs... the words, the rhythm, the flow... the instruments.

You are one of His beautiful, well tuned instruments and He live through you and in you.
Let us be an instrument of His... (you probably know this... but when has that stopped me):

...Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


Yes, Lord, make us and instrument of Your peace,

Love,
Peggy
SOAK, hear His song over you and be refreshed and filled by His aMazing Grace...for another week and today especially know HE IS SUFFICIENT

From the Heart July 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Praise God that you have found peace that passeth all understanding. In my Friday Feature last week I wrote about struggling with fear most of my life. I John 4:18, from the 365Promises.com says, "My perfect love will banish fear from your heart." Praise God we do not have to battle this alone, because God is on our side and is taking care of us. We just have to turn it over to Him and walk by Faith.
Blessings, AE

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......