A New Bird Song

 Sunday, July 10, 2011


I am linking up with Peggy today for Soaking on SONday.  It's easy and simple...just post a Scripture or song....something that is speaking to you today. 

I am again not feeling well.  The abdominal pain that I've been experiencing over the past month...which had stopped....came back to visit yesterday.  Thankfully, my daughter, Cara--along with Ryan and Lydia--was able to make the trip to the pharmacy for prescriptions and the grocery store for needed items. 

Woke up this morning--feeling the same as yesterday.  I know it will take a few days for the antibiotics to work--and I'm being as patient as I can be.

As I walked out onto the deck this morning, I  immediately heard the birds singing.  But, this morning was different.  There was one bird that stood out from the rest.....singing a bird song I had never heard before.  In my mind, I'm thinking..."Hmmm....this is a new song...."

And my heart feels this:


Sing a new song to the LORD,
for He has done wonderful deeds.
He has won a mighty victory
by His power and holiness.
The LORD has announced his victory
and has revealed His righteousness to every nation!
He has remembered His promise to love and be faithful
to Israel.
The whole earth has seen the salvation of our God.

Psalm 98:1-3



After reading and contemplating on these verses, my heart and mind jumped to the Book of Revelation:
 

Courtesy of Heartlight
Phil Ware

which, of course, led me to this song:



God speaking to me through one bird with a new song.....

Have a wonderful day soaking in the Son...




3 comments:

Peggy July 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Blessings Beth...

No one... not one comment... and I'm so late but thankful to be here and read and listen. I was here earlier and again but it wasn't working for me.

Well, the rain has stopped and it looks like I have internet service for a bit, so we'll see if I can post a comment or so.

First off, since I could not be here... know that I feel so bad that you are not well again.
So I spent this off time, praying and hope by now that you are not suffering so and able to rest and be a bit more comfortable.

Then, I'm so delighted that you partake in sharing...your 'new song' and the old beautiful Revelation song. I love that you are so keen that you could distinguish a new bird with a new song! Sent specially for you I'm sure by the Creator to cheer you. I hope that he had healing on His wings and the song echoes in your heart with God's love for you.

Beautiful Psalm and powerful picture from Heartlight to culminate with Kari Jobe singing all our praise and adoration to the One who we adore, honor and give glory! Though part of the Revelation verse is cut off... I know it so well. That poor lamb standing in front of that loud roar of the lion... how He can come as Gentle as a Lamb and as Majestic and Powerful as the Lion. You may like this LION Share Majesty blog from a prophetic sister in Washington DC.

Yes, Beth, God spoke through one little bird...
to you...to us... with a precious song and message to bring. "He has done wonderful deeds..." and so we sing... "Holy, Holy, Holy...Worthy is He who comes..."

Many blessings and wholeness as you soak and rest,
Peggy

From the Heart July 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

I agree with Peggy, a beautiful song that you heard from a bird that was meant especially for you. God speaks to us in many different ways.

Great song to soak in and worship the Son.
Pray you are feeling better.
AE

From the Heart July 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

I've enjoyed your song brought to your mind by a bird. God speaks to us in many ways. Pray you are feeling better.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......