Let Freedom Ring--or Reign?

 Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today is Sunday...and tomorrow we celebrate the freedom of the United States of America.  But, are we truly free?

I was very unsure of what to write today until I stopped over at Peggy's to link up with her for SOS (Soaking on Sunday).  She had two verses written in her post:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land....2 Chronicles 7:14


It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery...Galations 5:1


As I read these two verses, this song came to my heart and mind:




Yes, Lord, we need You now.

For He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in His sight....Psalm 72:12-14


May grace and peace be yours from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. He died for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live. That is why all glory belongs to God through all the ages of eternity. Amen....Galations 1:3-5


If you're interested in joining or visiting others who are "Soaking on SONday", stop over at Peggy's and share what God is saying to you today. 

1 comments:

Peggy July 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

Ohh yes, Lord... if ever we needed you, it's now!Let Your freedom reign and may freedom ring once more in our nation under One God eternally.

Thank you Beth... this does not seem like any unfinished project today, it looks pretty complete. Love the additional verses. And you know I love Casting Crown but somehow I have tears in my eyes as I view this one. Your prayer (as it used to be regularly) was ever so beautiful that you left at SOS! Your soaking yesterday was obvious. Maybe you might want to add it here also. I wasn't sure that you'd be able to make it back over so here it is, your prayer:

"Father, Lead us with Your hands and Your wisdom. We need You in each of our lives today. Help us to experience the freedom that You intended for us. Thank You for loving us, caring for us, guiding us. Open our hearts and minds to seek You, to know You as You know each of us.....In the strong, powerful and precious Name of Jesus...Amen

May your busy day be one enjoyed by all and blessed by Our Almighty God! I wanted to send you this but since I can't I'll have to send you there because that is my prayer for you and yours as you celebrate the 4th. How excellent!

I wanted you to know (in case you didn't) that that's our GMG Misty that you and she are exchanging visits now. I'm so glad. In the midst of your "busy" day, give that Lydia and your big kids a hug and let them know how much you love them. Thanks for blessing me this SOS and sharing with us!

Love and peace,
Peggy

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......