Anticipation

 Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ahhhh....It was so wonderful to step outside onto the deck this morning!

The temperature is only 67 degrees and no humidity--compared to the wet sponge I've been walking into with temps in the low 80's before the sun rises!!

As you can see, I've added a 'vacation countdown"....only 59 days until we leave for our vacation on Chincoteague Island in Virginia. 

I am so looking forward to this...haven't been here (or on any 'go-away' vacation) in over 10 years!!

Cara, Lydia and Lindsay are coming with me.....Danielle, Andrew, Brooklyn and Jackson will be visiting for a few days during our trip.  I cannot wait....well, I have to wait 59 days, but the anticipation is growing for me and all my family members!!

We've rented an adorable cottage on the island....the beach just a quick drive away on Assateague Island , and a time of relaxation, family and fun.

And on an even more positive note....I've been totally abdominal pain free for the past two days!!  Thank You, God!! 

Last night, I even decided to test this new medication the gastroenterologist prescribed for me and eat a regular type dinner instead of my usual cottage cheese or some other food that is soft and unchewable.

I didn't go crazy with this...just some macaroni and cheese and a hamburger....first 'real' food I've had since the beginning of June....

And no pain, not even a twinge of discomfort!!  I even slept through the night without being awakened by the pain that has been plaguing me for two months!!

Yes, God does answer prayers!!  I've been praying, and I know many other people have been praying right along with me.....and these prayers have been met by God's promises, faithfulness and love!!  A big 'thank you' to all who have been praying!!

See you tomorrow!!

3 comments:

From the Heart July 27, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

So glad your feeling better an planning a vacation. God is so good. Praise God for His healing power.

From the Heart July 27, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

I'm so glad your feeling better. It was an honor to pray for you. Hope you have a sonderful vacation

Peggy July 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Oh Beth...Love the COUNT DOWN!!! Much anticipation and well worth the wait for you to be able to finally enJOY! I'm so thankful for this and that you are doing better! Praise God!

Glad that you are taking this slowly this change and readjustment time. You should be all well by vacation time! Hoping and wishing the very best for this BIG family time! WOO HOO! God sure does answer prayers and I'm so glad that He hears us!

You take it easy and hold on...vacation is coming! Bless you for your encouragement again for me today!

Love and peace,
Peggy

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......