I Am A Lamb

 Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I have always had trust issues in my life....starting from when I was very young.  Trust....how do I trust someone who has hurt me?  How do I trust that this will not happen to me again?  How do I know that the person is telling me the truth when there have been so many lies?  Questioning....always questioning...is this the truth? 

Before I knew it, the mistrust of one or two...even three or more people....extends itself into the mistrust of everyone.  And then I find myself living a life of solitariness, anxiousness, worrying, confusion, panic attacks.....afraid to trust because of past hurts. 

And God began the healing process....

Learning to trust God was not an overnight miracle for me.  This was a series of answered prayers....me understanding that this truly was God in control (not me).  Hearing God's whispers to me...accepting God's truth into my life....His faithful promises spoken to me....His love and care for me....He is the Good Shepherd and I am His lamb....The Sheperd cares for His lamb....the lamb knows His voice and follows....allowing His goodness and protection to overflow.....because the lamb trusts the Shepherd. 

In my counting of God's gifts to me, this trust grows and flourishes.  I sense God's presence more acutely in my life through these gifts--I hear God speaking to me as I look and see...hear...smell...taste...feel...

As the list grows, my trust increases, my joy overflows to others, peace and love are always present in my heart and mind.

62.  Four kids in a bright orange paddle boat...going around in circles....laughing

63.  The smell of honeysuckle

64.  Soft breezes rustling leaves

65.  Lydia saying "love you"

66.  "I was thinking of you"

67.  Shoes tapping on hardwood floors

68.  Soft cotton between my fingertips

69.  Iced tea

70.  "I will never forsake you"

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."....Psalm 91:1-2


There are hundreds and hundreds counting their gifts from God.  To view those who are sharing their blessings, just click below.  Amazing....



1 comments:

Peggy July 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

Blessings Beth... His little lamb! May your healing continue to grow and flourish! May counting your blessings not only increase your trust, but also your JOY, peace and all of God's best. I know how dear your Shepherd is to you! I love how you share your grateful list and you are hearing God's voice with all your senses... I did not know sheep have such keen senses. Of course, you wrote on sheep once upon a time.
I love your beautifully chosen verse at the end of Psalm 91(my verse this year)!

Thank you for your precious prayer... I'm glad we both can dream. The problem is I think my old lungs could not take it... although I know I'd love every second. It'd be nice for you to join me... It's so refreshing and encouraging to hear you having such good times with your extended family and your precious Lydia! I pray for more and more peaceful times together and that you have a positively blessed week at work and at home! Thanks for your visit again.

Peace, love and JOY,
Peggy

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......