Emotion Filled

 Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sometimes I feel an overwhelming sadness.  I don't know why...this just happens.

This sadness came upon me yesterday afternoon....carried through to the evening.  I didn't sleep well last night....couldn't go to sleep for quite a while....heard strange noises....up and down to investigate these noises....my outside motion sensor lights came on for no reason and stayed on for 15 minutes....back to bed....try to sleep....which finally came around 1 a.m.  Now, I am awake at 4 a.m., up for the day....and still the sadness.

It's okay...the sadness will lift. 

I know that sadness is an emotion...a true feeling....an emotion that God has created.  So, perhaps He has something in store for me today....something that will take the sadness from me.  This may be something simple...a bird, a flower, an encouraging word.

I have given the sadness to God, and I know--have faith--that He hears my cry.  Even if I don't truly understand the reason, God does, and He will care and tend to me. 

3 comments:

Peggy June 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

Blessings Beth... I'm praying that by the time you read this the sadness has been changed to gladness!

Another blog friend shared on this cloud of SAD ness yesterday and many of the commenters were also admitting to sadness... SAD HAPPENS

Maybe you could be lifted up by visiting our blog on Faith to Move Mountains at The Power of Your Love. We miss your deep and beautiful writing over there.
Maybe you could write on Faith! or sadness and than the Lord will not only hear your cry, which we know He does as He catches each tear and hears each utterance, but He will flow from the inner wellspring and a living water will wash over you with strength, comfort and peace. Sorry, you didn't sleep much or well. 4 am is so early. When God stirred me in my sleep around that time (earlier here), I begin to pray for whosoever God calls to my mind and you often are one. Not always sure what to pray but I know that the Spirit does know and prays when I can't or don't know. Praise God! Greater is He that is in you, Beth... hope your day became much brighter and the sad is gone... or healing has begun once again.

Love and peace,
Peggy
I love your new blog of "unfinished" project or business... we all must tend to this. God bless!

Peggy August 21, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

Hi Beth... Hoping all is well. Noticed that you haven't been around again. And it's not even vacation time but only 33 more days! WOO HOO!
I've watched for you but have not seen anything.
I pray for you daily. Praying God lifts any clouds of sadness or gloom (if they are still around) and you are just busy with the REAL world... and hoping nothing else has befallen you. Take good care!

Praying & believing... God cares and He will care for you and take your cares... Peace and love as always,
Peggy
ohhh I'm having internet connection problems so I'm in and out and since I was at a cyber, I thought I'd better check on you. Have a blessed Sunday! May your weeks melt away quickly to your well deserved vacation is here... have fun!

Peggy August 27, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Praying you are not in the path of Irene and that your vacation place is safe!

I came across a precious video and discovered this
SCRIPTURE LULLABIES and although Lydia is getting bigger, they still may be nice for her. They only had 2 videos at their You Tube site. I wish there were more... beautiful for going to sleep for all ages. Here's the one I saw:
Be Still and know

Hoping that you are alright. Sending blessings and prayers with love and peace,
Peggy

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......