Up-Down

 Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have to tell you that I am a little frustrated...

I tried yesterday afternoon and again this morning to leave a few comments here and there....and I keep getting directed back to the sign in page when I am already signed in!!  So, I have not been able to visit any one, and this is a little frustrating...

Today, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite pictures:

This is my youngest daughter, Lindsay; my granddaughter, Lydia; and in the upper corner--there is what is commonly referred to as my "granddog", Nika.

Lindsay and Lydia were playing "Up-Down"...a simple game....where Lindsay and Lydia say "Down" and then stoop to the floor...then "Up", and they jump up.  This goes on and on and on until they are both laughing hysterically.  This picture is taken after exhaustion had set in--Lindsay kissing Lydia, Nika kissing Lindsay...and they are laying on Lindsay's kitchen floor. 

All of this attention focused on one small child from a young girl who before Lydia was born said, "I really don't like babies."  Shows how feelings can change.

At one time, there were 4 adults and Lydia playing "Up-Down" in my living room.  It's amazing to watch...Lydia will just walk up to one person and say "down" and stoop down, and then she will wait...in that stooped down position...until someone gets up to play.  She doesn't whine, she doesn't cry....she only does this once.



It's hard not to resist a child who just wants your attention and love.  And before I knew it, there were four adults and Lydia going up and down in the living room....something simple...yet so much fun and laughter....and it doesn't cost a dime.

And isn't this the way it is with our God?  He waits so patiently on us.  He wants us to communicate with Him.  He wants us to walk with Him, talk with Him, laugh with Him, cry with Him. 

He knows each and every thought we think, each word we utter...yet, sometimes, He is waiting for us to cry out to Him....to tell Him what is bothering us....what we in such a tizzy about....just what is on our minds that is distracting us from Him. 

Just like Lydia--in her stooped position, saying "down", humbly stooping before a person she wants to play with....shouldn't we stoop down, be humble before our Lord, and just cry out to Him exactly what the problem is? 

We are His children, His lambs that He tends and cares for.  Shouldn't we be paying more attention to Our Father who knows what is best for us?  Shouldn't it be hard for us to resist His attention--just as it is hard to resist Lydia seeking attention?  And yes, it doesn't cost us a dime--but it cost Him a great deal--the sacrifice of His Only Son--our Savior, Jesus--who died for each of us. 

Today, I pray that I am more aware of the Holy Spirit's leadings--for this day--moment by moment--as I go through my usual routine--and I pray that I am able to pay attention and obey.

Beth

1 comments:

pam June 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

WOW...love your header. I am a poppy freak. What a great post. Joy found in the simple things is so good for our souls. So often I think we get caught in a spiral of life and forget the simplicity of God all around us, in us...His love....our choice where to gaze, what to focus on. Slowing down and looking at His world differently will reveal so much to us. We have so much to be thankful for...most of all that He chose us to know Him. Oh to stop and ponder that one for a while will set your heart ablaze with awe.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......