Seeking Shelter

 Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday has rolled around again....

I opened my Bible to the Psalms this morning...randomly...and these verses are what I read:



God is our refuge and our strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea....Psalm 46:1-2 NLT


If you've been following along with me, you'll know that I recently had periods of anxiety...anxiety that was so strong that walking through a door--yes, even thinking about walking through that door--brought me legs of rubber, shaking hands, a feeling in my chest that was overwhelming me.

This went on for several weeks.  Then, I met with some friends...we talked....we prayed about this situation....prayed blessings over this place.

Now...

I arrive.  I sit in my car and again pray blessings over this place.  Then, I walk on strong and steady legs to the door.  I put my key in the door but do not turn it.

Close my eyes...hand on the key...and say outloud--

"God, I need You to go before me into this place.  Walk in front of me and I will follow.  Guide me and lead me."

All I can say is--anxiety gone, pressures gone, and a feeling of peace has entered my heart and mind.

Thank You, God, for walking in front of me.  Thank You for leading me and guiding me.  Thank You for the peace that You have instilled in my heart and mind.  Let me be a shining light to others so that they can also experience Your peace.




strong as a lion; weak as a lamb

3 comments:

Peggy August 8, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

AMEN...Yes,thank You Lord for going before Beth,for making her legs steady and strong!
For making her glad and taking away the anxiety!
You are her strong tower, her very shelter!
Bless her as she calls upon You for strength,protection, courage and leading (going before her and with her strong as a lion;weak as a lamb... she surrenders to Your loving, capable arms of a Good Shepherd! Hear the song she sings and her prayer and her heart! We give You praise for another day! In Your precious name we pray and say JESUS! Our Shelter! Thank You...

Beautiful video...thanks Beth. Victory for another day.

Peggy September 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

Blessings Beth...Only 11 days!!! WOO HOO! But it's been over a month since I have seen a glimmer of you. I hope you are alright and ypur plans are moving ahead.

Denise (Shortybear) is in critical condition (SICU) and has been so sick for months. You can read about her on FB and Marsha wrote this on Sept. 5th... an update said her brain is swelling now. I don't do FB so I miss out on some updates but Cathy tries to let me know.

I will be heading home the Mon. after you go on vacation. So I'll be out of touch but wanted to let you know, I hope you and yours have a wonderful time and completely enJOY this much needed vacation that you so deserve. Wish I knew you were OK but praying for you anyways. Have a great time!

Love,
Peggy

Peggy September 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

SO ARE YOU ON VACATION? HOPE YOU ENJOY EVERY MINUTE so well deserved!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......