Chosen in Faith

 Sunday, August 7, 2011

I was driving home one day last week, and I heard two songs which greatly touched me....to the point of tears:




Furthermore, because of Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for He chose us from the beginning, and all things happen just as He decided long ago....Ephesians 1:11 NLT





Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us....James 1:27 NLT






I will declare that Your love stands firm forever, that You established Your faithfulness in Heaven itself...Psalm 89:2 NIV









strong as a lion; weak as a lamb

4 comments:

Peggy August 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

Blessings Beth...Two great new songs: one from someone new and one from someone old but chosen ever so well! Beautiful!

And so is that tender heart that is touched with tears so easily by songs.

Eva's story written through this song is aMazing Grace...CHOSEN!!! And Chris always has such beautiful, meaningful songs that stir our faith to arise! Love them both and added them at my YouTube channel!

You chose 3 excellent scriptures as well! More and more, I'm loving reading NLT and other versions to hear the Word in a new way! I like how NLT puts many scriptures like these 3! Thanks Beth. I will enJOY soaking , may you do the same...have a blessed SONday!

Love,
Peggy

Joan Hall August 7, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Hi Beth:

I was not familiar with either of these songs - both are very lovely.

Stopping by from Peggy's blog.

Blessings,
Joan

Beth in NC August 8, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

Oh my! That first song has me weeping. We adopted our beautiful daughter from birth and she was a promise unfulfilled for a LONG time. Now she is almost 6. Life is going by too fast.

Thank you for sharing these. I may have to share on my blog sometime.

Bless you today!
Beth

From the Heart August 10, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

I'm so thankful God chose me and I accepted His son into my heart while I was still young. Both songs are beautiful. The second one speaks to me. He has certainly been faithful to my family and I. Great soaking songs.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts......